What’s for lunch?
Children receive a mid-morning snack of seasonal fresh fruit, sandwiches and juice and are provided with a substantial, healthy cooked meal at lunch-time. We provide a soya alternative on days when meat is served on the menu. We strive to incorporate sustained energy (Low GI) foods in our meals, in order to promote a healthy lifestyle and optimise learning.
A late afternoon snack of brown bread sandwiches. a treat and water are provided to aftercare children.
- Please ensure that any allergies are reported to the class teacher and to the office.
- No other food, drink or sweets will be permitted at school, as this causes arguments and unhappiness amongst the children.
- We are a peanut-free school as we have children who are highly allergic to nuts; therefore no peanut products are allowed to be brought to school.
- Our kitchens have been fitted with double under counter KDF water purifiers to ensure that the water that the children drink is of a high standard. It is filtered to remove all heavy metals and any potentially harmful organisms. We promote the drinking of water, for both staff and children alike, to ensure the healthiest option for hydration.
- The two week rotation menu is displayed on the wall in the kitchen.