At Carlswald House Preparatory, we recognise the need to support our learners’ personal growth and development. It is through a meaningful leadership and development programme that our learners can truly be a part of the school and take on roles of responsibility.
We call this programme the Ake Sikhule programme. Ake Sikhule means ‘to grow’ in isiZulu, and that is precisely what we want to encourage and support our children to do.
This programme provides learners with opportunities to:
- Take responsibility for their choices and actions
- Build a sense of pride in their school and community
- Develop self-discipline and self-confidence
- Develop a mature attitude on the sports fields
- Demonstrate a level of responsibility and leadership
- Take control of their position as a role model.