NOTICES 9th – 13th March 2020
Thank you to all our special families for your wonderful support at our Family Fun Afternoon and Movie Night. All our children really enjoyed the afternoon and they especially enjoyed spending the evening with their parents watching the movie.
** Don’t forget to download the CHP app from your app store or Google Play Store.
It’s a free download!**
- Novel Coronavirus: Parents please read the letter that went out on Friday 6th March 2020, explaining all the details and precautions to be taken. As a school we are following all the necessary hygiene processes. Please also instill good hygiene at home.
- IF YOUR CHILD IS ILL, PLEASE DO NOT SEND THEM TO SCHOOL. Children will only be allowed back to school with a Doctor’s clearance certificate.
- Holiday Fun Club Reply Slips: Parents letters have been sent home regarding the April Holiday Fun Club. PLEASE RETURN THE REPLY SLIPS BY NO LATER THAN THURSDAY 12TH Adequate numbers will determine if we will be having the Holiday Fun Club for the April Holidays or not.
- School Photos: GR R-7: Class, Individual and Sibling Photos will be taken on Wednesday 11th March and Thursday 12th Children must come dressed in their full summer uniform. If they have PE on those days, they must wear their school uniform and carry their PE kit. Senior Prep children must bring their blazers.
- Assembly 2020: On Friday 13th March at 7:30am, Grade 4M will be hosting the assembly. Invitations will be sent out if your child will be participating. When it’s your child’s class assembly you are more than welcome to come and watch the assembly. The assembly is approximately half an hour.
- Cambridge Information Evening: SAVE THE DATE: Gr R-7 Parents please save the date Thursday 26th More information will be sent out closer to the time.
- CHP Concert: SAVE THE DATE: CHP concert will be held on Saturday 4th April 2020. This is a compulsory school day; all children must attend. Please email Mr Tagg (email@example.com) with a valid reason if your child cannot attend. This year we will be having 2 shows on Saturday 4th April 2020. The 1st show will be at 11:30am and the second show will be at 2:30pm. More information will be sent out.
- TERMS NOTICE: Parents as per the school policies and procedures we require a term notice if you are not returning to CHP. We will require the notice on or before the 2nd May 2020 if you are leaving at the end of the second term.
Dates to Diarise:
Class and Individual and Sibling Photos: Wednesday 11th and Thursday 12th March
Cambridge Information Parent’s Evening: Thursday 26th March 6:00pm-7:00pm
CHP Concert: Saturday 4th April at the Rivonia Barnyard Theatre- Compulsory School Day.
End of Term 1: School closes Thursday 9th April at 11:00am. Aftercare continues as usual on that day. School re-opens on Tuesday 5th May at 7:00am
- Accounts: Please ensure all fees are paid on or before the 7th of the month. Please note: If we do not receive your payment by the 7th of the month, a late fee penalty of R500 will be charged to your account if no prior payment arrangement has been made. Please email Karen Visser if you have any queries: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please ensure you have completed the Debit Order permission form.
- Very Important : Parents please do not go directly to your child’s classes during school hours between 7:30am-1:30pm. Please report to reception.
- Responsibility: Parents, please encourage your children to pack their bags etc the night before. We would like to discourage parents from bringing things that the children have forgotten. They need to be organized and you need to assist them to have everything ready before they come to school.
- Swimming: 345 Swim School: If you would like to enrol your child for swimming, please email Mr Anthony Lord: email@example.com
- Opening Times: Parents, no child may be brought to school or dropped off before 6:30am! The gates will remain closed.
- Lunch Programme: Parents please note if your child is not on the lunch programme and they eat the morning snack, you will be billed for the full meal that day. Please pack a snack for the morning.
- CAR PARK: Parents, we understand that the carpark is busy and you are in a hurry in the mornings and the afternoons, but always remember that this is a school and our little people are very precious.
- Please park considerately.
- Please DO NOT sit in the car and hoot for your children, you are required to go in to collect your child.
- When you are driving out of the carpark, please STOP before you exit.
- ALWAYS BE PATIENT AND CONSIDERATE
- Very Important: Please take note of the following: Parents when you receive emails from the ED-Admin email, please Do Not reply to this email. Mails sent from Ed Admin are system generated emails. Please direct all your emails to firstname.lastname@example.org , email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org
- School Uniform Shop: Parents these are the times the uniform shop will be open. Please take note of the days and times. The shop will not be open at any other times.
- Normal Shop Hours:
- Monday / Wednesday / Thursday / Friday: 07h30 to 09h30
- Tuesdays: 07h30 to 08h30 & 12h00 to 15h00
- Please mark and label all clothing. If your child brings home someone else’s uniform, please return to the office or class teacher. Teach your child to be responsible for their own property. The lost property box is in the Aftercare center at CHP. Please check this regularly.
- Smart Watches: VERY IMPORTANT: Parents please note your child’s smart watch may NOT be used as a communication device at all during the day. They may not be a distraction to the child or the class. The school will also not be held responsible or liable if a smart watch is lost at school.
- Diaries 2020: Parents you will see that all our CHP children received their CHP homework diaries. These diaries are very important and your child must bring them to school every day. Please take some time to look at your child’s diary, it has very important information about the school and the yearly planner with all the events and holidays for 2020. You must check the diary on a daily basis and sign it. You can write any brief communication to the teacher in the homework diary. If your child loses the diary, R100-00 will be charged to your account to replace the diary.
- Homework: Parents please note homework is only scheduled for 1 hour during homework time. Homework is supervised by the teachers. If your child does not finish their homework in the time frame, they must complete their homework at home.
- Lunch Programme: The children are enjoying the snack and lunch that they are receiving daily. Lunch is optional for all Grade 1-7 learners. You can choose the lunch programme at an extra charge of R800 per month or you may pack your child’s own lunch. Please email Karen Visser: email@example.com if you would like your child to be fed at school.
- Aftercare: Aftercare operates from the close of day after co-curricular and supervised homework (15h00) until 17h30 and includes additional snacks. A penalty fee of R150-00 will apply for late collection of children after 17h30 and R300 for collection after 18h00. If you would like to enrol your child into aftercare, please email Karen Visser: firstname.lastname@example.org