NOTICES 7th -11th June 2021
As per our President’s recent address we have now moved to Lockdown Level 2. However, it is important that we remain vigilant in all areas of life and not allow complacency to creep in. The following protocols must be followed:
- Absolute transparency regarding possible contact at work or at home, informing the school immediately.
- Strict adherence to Covid-19 protocols by pupils, parents, and guardians.
- Parents are not permitted to walk through the school. Please report to reception.
- Parents are not permitted to drop off books, lunch, water bottles etc. for their children. Children must pack their bags responsibly.
Your co-operation will be appreciated. We are determined to do everything in our power to keep your children safe.
Please Take Note…
- Half Term Break: School closes THIS Friday 11th June at 1:30pm. Aftercare continues as usual on that day . School re-opens on Monday 21st June at 7:00am. There will be No Holiday Care during this week.
- Slipper Day: We will be celebrating the start of the Winter Term with Slipper Day on Friday 11th June. The children will be allowed to come to school in their slippers. The cost is R20 per child and they will also receive a cup of hot chocolate and a crumpet. Please give the class teacher the money by Tuesday 8th June .
- Co-Curricular: Please note the following important changes effective as from Thursday, 3rd June 2021. Art, Drama, Chess, Pom-Poms and Percussion Ensemble have been suspended until further notice. Soccer/Netball Skills practice will only take place once a week. Please follow the schedule that was emailed on the 01/06/2021. Any queries must be directed to our Head of Sport, Mr Anthony Lord: email@example.com
- Covid 19 Screening stations – Parents please note: Gr 3-7 children must be dropped off at the CHP drop-off zone and children must proceed to the Music Hall for their Covid-19 screening. Gr R-2 children must be dropped off at reception area for their Covid-19 screening. All children must be screened before they go to their class. If Gr R-2 children are being dropped off before 7:00am, they must be dropped at the Music Hall. The screening at reception opens at 7:00am. All children MUST be wearing a mask on arrival.
- Please mark and label all your child’s clothing. If your child brings home someone else’s uniform, please return to the office or class teacher. Teach your child to be responsible for his or her own property. The lost property box is in the aftercare center at CHP. Please check the lost property regularly.
- 345 Swim School – June, and July: Parents, please remember that 345 Swim School remains open and operational during June, and July. We encourage you to allow your children to swim throughout the Winter season. If you do not want them to swim, please ensure that you give the Swim School 1 months’ notice when cancelling.
- Vehicle Security Sticker: Parents, please ensure that you all have a 345/CHP sticker on your windscreen. If you do not have a sticker, please collect from Sylvester at the security. Each family may receive 2 stickers. Should you need more, they may be purchased from Leressa for R50.
- Aftercare: Reminder that children waiting in Aftercare for their siblings to complete their co-curricular activities will be signed into Aftercare and you will be billed as the children are being supervised during this time.
- Accounts: Please ensure all fees are paid on or before the 7th of the month. Please note: If we do not receive your payment by the 7th of the month, a late fee penalty of R500 will be charged to your account if no prior payment arrangement has been made. Please email Karen Visser if you have any queries: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please ensure you have completed the Debit Order permission form.
- Collection Cards Gr R-2: Collection cards were handed out to all Gr R – Gr 2 children. Parents, please ensure you show the collection card when collecting your child in the afternoons.
- VERY IMPORTANT: Parents, please ensure that you call the office or email email@example.com to inform the school if there is anyone else other yourself fetching your child. We require the name, surname, ID number and telephone number of the person. This also applies if your child will be going on transport. They MUST also display a Collection Card.
- Opening Times: Parents, no child may be brought to school or dropped off before 6:30am! The gates will remain closed.
- Aftercare: School closes every day at 1:30pm. Aftercare runs from 2:00pm until 5:30pm and includes an additional snack. Aftercare costs R1000 per month. Adhoc aftercare is R150 per day. A penalty fee of R200-00 will apply for late collection of children after 17h30 and R350 for collection after 18h00. If you would like to enrol your child into aftercare, please email Karen Visser: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hair – Boys: Parents, please ensure that your son’s hair is short, neat, clean and tidy. No fashion hairstyles such as Mohawks, comb-overs, shave lines etc are permitted.
- Hair – Girls: Parents, please ensure that your daughter’s hair is tied back, neat, clean and tidy. Hair accessories need to be Black, White, Red or Blue
- Very Important: Please take note of the following: Parents when you receive emails from the ED-Admin email, please Do Not reply to this email. Mails sent from Ed Admin are system generated emails. Please direct all your emails to email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org , email@example.com
- Lunch Programme: The Lunch Programme is operational. The children are really enjoying the snack and revised lunch menu that they are enjoying daily. Lunch is optional for all Grade 1-7 learners. You can choose the lunch programme at an extra charge of R900-00 per month or you may pack your child’s own lunch. Please email Karen Visser firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like your child to be fed at school.
- Gr 1-7: If your child is not on the school lunch programme and you are packing their own lunch, please ensure that you pack enough lunch for your child. They will require a morning snack, lunch and an afternoon snack. NO sweets/ takeaways or fizzy drinks are allowed. *WE ARE A NUT FREE SCHOOL – PLEASE DO NOT SEND IN ANY PRODUCTS THAT CONTAIN NUTS
- Smart Watches: VERY IMPORTANT! Please note that your child’s smart watch may NOT be used as a communication device at all during the day. The school will also not be held responsible or liable if a smart watch is lost at school.
- School Uniform Shop: Please note the school uniform shop opening times. The shop will not be open at any other times.
- Uniform Shop Hours:
- Monday – Friday: 09h00-12h00
Dates to Diarise:
Half Term Break: School closes THIS Friday 11th June at 1:30pm. Aftercare continues as usual on that day. School re-opens on Monday 21st June at 7:00am. There will be no Holiday Care during this week.
Slipper Day: Friday 11th June. Please send in R20 by Tuesday 8th June.
Public Holiday: Wednesday 16th June – Youth Day
Father’s Day: Sunday 20th June