NOTICES 27th September- 1st October 2021
South Africa is currently on Lockdown Level 2. It is important that we remain vigilant in all areas of life and not allow complacency to creep in. The following protocols must be followed:
- Absolute transparency regarding possible contact at work or at home, informing the school immediately.
- Strict adherence to Covid-19 protocols by pupils, parents, and guardians.
- Parents are not permitted to walk through the school. Please report to reception.
- Parents are not permitted to drop off books, lunch, water bottles etc. for their children. Children must pack their bags responsibly.
Your co-operation will be appreciated. We are determined to do everything in our power to keep your children and staff safe.
Please Take Note…
- Grade 7 Photos: Grade 7 children will have photos taken THIS Wednesday 29th September. All Grade 7 children must come dressed in their Summer uniform with their Blazers.
- Spring Walk 2021: We will be having our Spring Walk for the children only on Friday 1st October during the school morning 8:30am – 10:30am. Children can come to school wearing civvies – bright colours depicting Spring. For the Spring Walk, they must make a Spring hat. The best Spring hat will win a prize in each class.
- Tuckshop: Every Friday the Grade 6 and Grade 7 Children will be hosting a small tuckshop at school selling various goodie. This Friday 1st October Grade 7 will be hosting their tuckshop. Goodies sold will be ranging from R5-00 to R15-00. Please send not more than R20-00 with your child to school on Friday.
- Summer Uniform: Gr R-7, all children are to wear Summer uniform. Please ensure you have the correct uniform. (See Uniform Shop opening times below)
- Co-Curricular: The Co-Curricular Programme is under way. Any learner on campus after 14h00, not in a co-curicular class will be booked into Aftercare and charged accordingly.
- Covid 19 Screening stations – Parents please note: Gr 3-7 children must be dropped off at the CHP drop-off zone and children must proceed to the Music Hall for their Covid-19 screening. Gr R-2 children must be dropped off at reception area for their Covid-19 screening. All children must be screened before they go to their class. If Gr R-2 children are being dropped off before 7:00am, they must be dropped at the Music Hall. The screening at reception opens at 7:00am. All children MUST be wearing a mask on arrival.
- 345 Swim School: 345 Swim School is open for swimming lessons. If you would like to enrol your child for swimming please email Karen Visser: email@example.com
- Very Important: Please take note of the following: Parents when you receive emails from the ED-Admin email, please Do Not reply to this email. Mails sent from Ed Admin are system generated emails. Please direct all your emails to firstname.lastname@example.org , email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org
- Vehicle Security Sticker: Parents, please ensure that you all have a 345/CHP sticker on your windscreen. If you do not have a sticker, please collect from Sylvester at the security. Each family may receive 2 stickers. Should you need more, they may be purchased from Leressa for R50.
- Aftercare: Reminder that children waiting in Aftercare for their siblings to complete their co-curricular activities will be signed into Aftercare and you will be billed as the children are being supervised during this time.
- Accounts: All statements for October were emailed on 23rd September 2021. Please check your email inboxes as well as your Spam and Junk mail. Please ensure all fees are paid on or before the 7th of the month. Please note: If we do not receive your payment by the 7th of the month, a late fee penalty of R500 will be charged to your account if no prior payment arrangement has been made. Please email Karen Visser if you have any queries: email@example.com Please ensure you have completed the Debit Order permission form.
- Collection Cards Gr R-2: Collection cards were handed out to all Gr R – Gr 2 children. Parents, please ensure you show the collection card when collecting your child in the afternoons.
- VERY IMPORTANT: Parents, please ensure that you call the office or email firstname.lastname@example.org to inform the school if there is anyone else other than yourself fetching your child. We require the name, surname, ID number and telephone number of the person. This also applies if your child will be going on transport. They MUST also display a Collection Card.
- Opening Times: Parents, no child may be brought to school or dropped off before 6:30am! The gates will remain closed.
- Aftercare: School closes every day at 1:30pm. Aftercare runs from 2:00pm until 5:30pm and includes an additional snack. Aftercare costs R1000 per month. Adhoc aftercare is R150 per day. A penalty fee of R200-00 will apply for late collection of children after 17h30 and R350 for collection after 18h00. If you would like to enrol your child into aftercare, please email Karen Visser: email@example.com
- Hair – Boys: Parents, please ensure that your son’s hair is short, neat, clean and tidy. No fashion hairstyles such as Mohawks, comb-overs, shave lines etc are permitted.
- Hair – Girls: Parents, please ensure that your daughter’s hair is tied back, neat, clean and tidy. Hair accessories need to be Black, White, Red or Blue
- Lunch Programme: The Lunch Programme is operational. The children are really enjoying the snack and revised lunch menu that they are enjoying daily. Lunch is optional for all Grade 1-7 learners. You can choose the lunch programme at an extra charge of R900-00 per month or you may pack your child’s own lunch. Please email Karen Visser firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like your child to be fed at school.
- Gr 1-7: If your child is not on the school lunch programme and you are packing their own lunch, please ensure that you pack enough lunch for your child. They will require a morning snack, lunch and an afternoon snack. NO sweets/ takeaways or fizzy drinks are allowed. *WE ARE A NUT FREE SCHOOL – PLEASE DO NOT SEND IN ANY PRODUCTS THAT CONTAIN NUTS
- Smart Watches: VERY IMPORTANT! Please note that your child’s smart watch may NOT be used as a communication device at all during the day. The school will also not be held responsible or liable if a smart watch is lost at school.
- School Uniform Shop: Please note the school uniform shop opening times. The shop will not be open at any other times.
- Uniform Shop Hours:
- Monday – Friday: 09h00-12h00
Dates to Diarise:
- Friday 1st October: Spring Walk- children only
- Half Term Break: School closes -Thursday 21st October 11:00 am, returns -Tuesday 26th October