NOTICES 15th -19th February 2021
A gentle reminder that since we are still in Lockdown Level 3, the following Protocols must be followed:
- Strict adherence to Covid-19 Protocols by pupils, parents, and guardians.
- Parents are not permitted to walk through the school. Please report to reception.
- Parents are not permitted to drop off books, lunch, water bottles etc. for their children. Children must pack their bags responsibly.
Your co-operation will be appreciated. We are determined to do everything in our power to keep your children safe.
Please Take Note…
- Vehicle Security Sticker: Parents, please ensure that you all have a 345/CHP sticker on your windscreen.
- Collection Cards Gr R-2: Collection cards were handed out to all Gr R – Gr 2 children. Parents, please ensure you show the collection card when picking up your child in the afternoons.
- VERY IMPORTANT: Parents, please ensure that you call the office or email firstname.lastname@example.org to inform the school if there anyone else other yourself fetching your child. We require the name, surname, ID number and telephone number of the person. This also applies if your child will be going on transport. They MUST also display a Collection Card.
- Co-curricular: Up and running. The first week went off very well, we had a great response. Co-curricular starts at 2:00pm and ends at 3:00pm. If your child is not collected by 3:15pm they will be signed into aftercare. All queries regarding the co-curricular programme as well as the Grade 1 and 2 Integrated Day, must be directed to our Head of Sport, Mr Anthony Lord: email@example.com
- Cycle Tests Gr 4 – 7: Information regarding the cycle tests was emailed to all Gr 4-7 parents. Please take some time, read the information, and ensure your child is prepared. Maths Gr 5 – 7 will be written this Thursday 18th February.
- Defend a Friend: A show about Bullying will be held at school on Tuesday 23rd February. The show will be for all Gr R-7 children. With this show, we safely bring the world of theatre back to our school, along with an ever important message of how to tackle bullying and make a positive difference.
- Mid Term break: School closes on Thursday 25th February at 11:00am. School re-opens on Tuesday 2nd March at 7:00am. There will be NO Holiday Care during this time.
- Covid 19 Screening stations – Parents please note: Gr 3-7 children must be dropped off at the CHP drop-off zone and children must proceed to the Music Hall for their Covid-19 screening. Gr R-2 children must be dropped off at reception area for their Covid-19 screening. All children must be screened before they go to their class. If Gr R-2 children are being dropped off before 7:00am, they must be dropped at the Music hall. The screening at reception opens at 7:00am. All children MUST be wearing a mask on arrival.
- Opening Times: Parents, no child may be brought to school or dropped off before 6:30am! The gates will remain closed.
- Uniform: Summer uniform must be worn to school. Parents, please ensure that your child is wearing the correct Summer uniform and that it is labelled! Please click on the link to view the correct uniform requirements.
- Please mark and label all clothing. If your child brings home someone else’s uniform, please return to the office or class teacher. Teach your child to be responsible for their own property. The lost property box is in the aftercare center at CHP. Please check this regularly.
- Aftercare: School closes every day at 1:30pm. Aftercare runs from 2:00pm until 5:30pm and includes an additional snack. Aftercare costs R1000 per month. Adhoc aftercare is R150 per day. A penalty fee of R200-00 will apply for late collection of children after 17h30 and R350 for collection after 18h00. If you would like to enrol your child into aftercare, please email Karen Visser: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 345 Swim School: 345 Swim school is now open for CHP children Gr R-7. Limited spaces are available; first come, first served. Please email Anissa email@example.com if you would like to join the swim school.
- Accounts: All statements for March will be emailed on 24th February 2021. Please check your email inboxes as well as your Spam and Junk mail. Please ensure all fees are paid on or before the 7th of the month. Please note: If we do not receive your payment by the 7th of the month, a late fee penalty of R500 will be charged to your account if no prior payment arrangement has been made. Please email Karen Visser if you have any queries: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please ensure you have completed the Debit Order permission form.
- Hair – Boys: Parents please ensure that your son’s hair is short, neat, clean and tidy. No fashion hairstyles such as Mohawks, comb-overs, shave lines etc are permitted.
- Hair – Girls: Parents please ensure that your daughter’s hair is tied back, neat, clean and tidy. Hair accessories need to be Black, White, Red or Blue
- Very Important: Please take note of the following: Parents when you receive emails from the ED-Admin email, please Do Not reply to this email. Mails sent from Ed Admin are system generated emails. Please direct all your emails to email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org , email@example.com
- Lunch Programme: The Lunch Programme is operational. The children are really enjoying the snack and revised lunch menu that they are enjoying daily. Lunch is optional for all Grade 1-7 learners. You can choose the lunch programme at an extra charge of R900-00 per month or you may pack your child’s own lunch. Please email Karen Visser firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like your child to be fed at school.
- Gr 1-7: If your child is not on the school lunch programme and you are packing their own lunch, please ensure that you pack enough lunch for your child. They will require a morning snack, lunch and an afternoon snack. NO sweets/ takeaways or fizzy drinks are allowed. *WE ARE A NUT FREE SCHOOL – PLEASE DO NOT SEND IN ANY PRODUCTS THAT CONTAIN NUTS
- Smart Watches: VERY IMPORTANT! Please note that your child’s smart watch may NOT be used as a communication device at all during the day. The school will also not be held responsible or liable if a smart watch is lost at school.
- School Uniform Shop: Please note the school uniform shop opening times. The shop will not be open at any other times.
Uniform Shop Hours:
Monday – Friday: 09h00-12h00
Dates to Diarise:
Anti-Bullying show: Tuesday 23rd February Gr R-7
Mid-Term Break: Thursday 25th February (school closes at 11:00am) Tuesday 2nd March (school re-opens).
School Photos: CHP Only – Wednesday 24th March and Thursday 25th March. More details to follow